Friday, July 29, 2011

A Moment With... Emily Dougherty, Beauty and Fitness Director at Elle

Robbie Myers and Emily Dougherty
Last evening, Chic popped into the opulent downstairs den at Lavo for the unveiling of The Decision, Katie Holmes' short flick for John Frieda Precision Foam Colour. The Real Housewives were out in masse for the event, plus a tight-lipped Holmes, but the giddiest sighting for mag-loving Chic was Elle's Emily Dougherty. Chic caught the longtime beauty and fitness director on the street heading out of the event for a quick chat about Dougherty's Scrabble secrets and the prospect of the dark-tressed brunette going uber blonde.

The Decision is about cheating on one's hair colorist. What was the last game you cheated on?Now no one will play board games with me! I love cheating on Scrabble.

What's your Scrabble-acing secret?Just Google the letters and everything gets sorted out for you.

What was your biggest hair blunder ever?I think every day is a faux pas. We have a lot of fun in the beauty closet, so there are a lot of faux pas.

What's a product from the bounty of the Elle beauty closet that you've been keeping at home lately?There's so much good stuff that it's hard to narrow it down to one! I can't decide. But I do love the John Frieda precision foam. It's very cool.

What would you do to your hair if you could do a 24-hour revamp, sans repercussions?I guess I'd go platinum blonde. But we do have this daily makeover tool on Elle.com, so that's like a quick change without consequences. I uploaded my picture last weekend -- I tried bangs and blonde and everything. There actually are certain blondes that would work on me, but most shades don't. You can do make-up too, so I gave myself blue eye shadow to go with the blonde.

Any plans to make the blonde happen?Well, I thought about making it my Facebook photo, but decided people would know it wasn't real because I use the same photo as my professional shot for Elle.

thanks Emily and Sara , for voting Salon 117, one of the TOP 100 salons in America !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment